Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 40 minutes
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 cup lukewarm water, it's important that it is not too hot!
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp rapid rise yeast
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp xantham gum
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbs butter, to coat the pan
- Combine the water and sugar, pour the yeast over the water, no need to stir, and let proof for 10-15 minutes until frothy.
- While the yeast proofs, combine the flours, gum, salt, and egg whites.
- Once the yeast has proofed, pour it over the flour mixture and combine with a spatula.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise in a warm place for 1.5 to 2 hours.*
- Butter an oven safe bowl or loaf pan. Transfer the dough to the buttered bowl or pan and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm place, I set mine on the oven while it preheats, and allow it to rise for 30 more minutes while the oven preheats to 425F.
- After the second rise, bake the bread for 30 minutes. Remove the bread from the oven, invert it onto a wire rack, and allow it to cool or don't and dig in!
*I will turn my oven on to 350 F for 1 minute, then turn it off again. This creates a warm space for the bread to rise.
Adapted from Alexandra Cooks