Sunday, August 3, 2014

Unbelievable Mac-n-cheese

Despite having recently been informed that I am lactose intolerant, there are times that I break down and crave mac-n-cheese. I fooled around with a few recipes to no great avail, when one day, I just poured a bunch of ingredients into the pot. Of course I didn't write them down, so I had to try to recreate it from memory. Well...I successfully did, and we ended up with incredibly delicious, though not very healthy mac-n-cheese. There will be more experiments in the future to see if I can't create an acceptable lactose-free option, but until then...

Unbelievable Mac-n-cheese

Prep Time: 0 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes

Serves 6

Ingredients:
  • 16 oz pasta shells (I use Tinkyada GF brown rice shells)
  • 1 (8oz) bag of shredded colby jack cheese
  • 8 oz light sour cream
  • 1/2 pint heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • Pepper to taste
Instructions:
  1. In a large stockpot, cook the pasta to your desired doneness.  Drain in a colander and set aside. 
  2. In the still-warm stockpot, combine the cheeses, creams, and seasonings. 
  3. Pour the warm pasta over the cheese sauce and stir to combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment